On the Bangladesh airport (mainly Shahjalal International Airport and other airports of country as well), security system is more typical and rough and dynamic for all passengers for some international security reason. It is really better for the passenger, and sometime it may be over the deed but all things they do for the passengers. When you enter or leave on airport, you must need to follow some rules and regulations. On the other hand, as Bangladesh is a third world country, the airport luggage security system is not world class, so you need to maintain at least an extra security for your luggage while departure or arrival. Travel by air is very comfortable journey, but it may be uncomfortable for you if you do some mistake. It’s become tough for the amateur traveler. And all you need to know while using airport of Bangladesh (doesn’t matter if you are using Shahjalal International Airport or Chittagong Airport or any other airport of Bangladesh), Hereby give you some suggestions for you.
- At first when you entered on airport, you make sure you keep your passport, air ticket, baggage and other important things you need overseas are with you. Make sure your Passport and visas are up-to-date and still valid.
- You must need to know about rules the regulations (about trip and luggage carrying) of your particular airlines company. Before performing your journey, you can check if there are any special rules for your airlines company, or ask it to your booking agency.
- When you stepping on security line keep yourself cool and don’t feel nervous, be easy. Rise up your hands and down your pockets smartly. If you have any metallic things or knife, please remove them and show them the duty man. Otherwise, the security device with detect the metal as dangerous things and you have to face an uncomfortable situation.
- Be ready yourself to enter the checkpoint, checkout all of our bags, ticket, passport and others. Don’t feel uneasy just relax, take a deep breath, listen your favorite song or talk your relative who with you and also don’t need to hurry up. Keep your pocket empty, go to the line; wait until you’re on the X-ray machine then you can remove your wallet. Wear your ID-card and board pass on your pocket or shirt.
- When you pack your bag just remind it that it will be captured in X-ray machine, avoid keeping up your stuff to over cord. Don’t put those things that you must need on airport such like medicine, water, laptop, etc. It will be better if you write your name, address, passport number and destination on bag.
- There is different lane for Bangladeshis and foreigners on the immigration point. If you are confused about anything, please take suggestions on help centre. Don’t hesitate to ask for information, the immigration officers will try to help you out. If you have a child, you will follow another lane. So don’t be confused just follow your line.
- If you carry on any liquid, please be concerned with the rules of carrying it. As Bangladesh is an Islamic country, bringing any kind of alcohol is generally prohibited for the Bangladeshi passport holders. However, If you are foreigner and need to bring alcohol, you can get permission for the highest one bottle (But it’s recommended not to bring any alcohol in Bangladesh, If you really need it, you can buy from any local bar of Dhaka. You can also ask for it to your hotel reception; they will arrange it for you). You can take your liquid staffs in a quartz bag, and the weight of each bottle is not less than 3 ounces.