Thousands of students are passing HSC exam every year, and most of them prepare themselves for higher study on public University (Dhaka University, Chittagong University, Rajshahi University and others). But the seat capacities of the public universities are inadequate, lac of students don’t get the chance of reading in public university for the reason. However, there are a large number of private universities in Bangladesh now and the number is increasing. So if your parent is having the ability to pay tuition fees for your higher study, you could easily get the chance of reading in any private university of Bangladesh and heading towards a bright future.
Why choose private University?
Private Universities are free from student politics As a result; all classes and exams are hold in scheduled time and students can complete their graduation in time. Where public university students get stacked with huge session jam and it take 6 to 8 years just to complete a 4 year graduation program!
The students can make a strong, friendly relationship with their faculty members. On the other hand, some private university is more prestigious than public university. As private universities have costly tuition fee but there has opportunity for poor meritorious student, financial-aid system or other opportunity.
Most of the private university located in capital Dhaka, so the students can get a best feedback, build a best lifestyle and can go ahead several steps forward for choosing an excellent career.
The applicants can choose his subject by his interest (Where this is almost impossible in public universities)
There is a good thing in private university that the Institute always helps students in their career development. Some Universities has dedicated Career Development Center where the students can learn of the attitude, manner, conversation and other extracurricular activities.
Admission information for Private Universities in Dhaka
All the private university has different policy for admission than public university. Most of the private universities have three sessions in a year: Summer, Fall and Spring. Few of them have two sessions.
Some Universities take an admission test like public university, and some has none where anyone can pay his admission fee and get himself enrolled. Before admission, please look after the following issues:
- Make sure the University is approved from UGC (University Grand Commission) Bangladesh.
- The Institute has an own campuses (As per UGC rules. Government of Bangladesh will close universities, which doesn’t have their own campus)
- Have a well-developed laboratory, library and other components. Confirm the Engineering subjects are honors or BSc. In eng. Certified
Requirements for Private University Admission in Bangladesh
Under graduate program:
The top-ranking private universities required the following procedure:
- Minimum GPA requirement of HSC and SSC for a desired program (total GPA 7 or 8 which varies according to the program)
- Minimum GPA of O level is 2.5 in five subjects and two subjects in A level, and total GPA required 6.0.
- Graduate program:
- It must need a bachelor’s degree from any recognized university.
- The CGPA will be minimum 2.5 or above in the bachelor degree.
- The foreign student will be followed by the university’s rules and regulation.
Top Private Universities in Bangladesh****
- AhsanullahUniversity of Science and Technology
- American International UniversityBangladesh ***
- BGMEAUniversity of Fashion & Technology ***
- BRACUniversity ***
- DaffodilInternationalUniversity ***
- EastWestUniversity ***
- NorthSouthUniversity ***
- Independent University, Bangladesh
- Stamford University, Bangladesh ****
- The University of Asia Pacific ***
- United InternationalUniversity ***
- University of Information Technology & Sciences
- WorldUniversity of Bangladesh
- BangladeshUniversity of Business & Technology (BUBT)
- Gono Bishwabidyalay
- ASA UniversityBangladesh
- Eastern University
- MetropolitanUniversity, Sylhet
- University of Liberal ArtsBangladesh ***
N.B.: The star (***) sign indicates the written test for admission.
**** The University name serial is not based on Ranking
What do you say about private universities in Bangladesh? Share your opinion with us. Let us know if you have any question as well, we will try our best to answer.